Some of my favourite biking clothing

Black skirt with coloured tights, and I love this old woollen tartan scarf. The gloves are the only cycling specific part of this outfit. I nearly always wear these sunglasses as they keep the glare (and insects) out of my eyes when I am riding.

Red tights are hi viz, plus they match the bike!

I love tartan!

This cross-over peplum vest from local Newcastle designers¬†High Tea with Mrs Woo is reversible, so it’s like having two vests. The reverse side of it is black with coloured design in the collar and some of the panels. I can wear it summer or winter with different tops under it.

About these ads
This entry was posted in accessories, My Bikes, Vintage 1950s Speedwell and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Some of my favourite biking clothing

Your tights are swanky…I presume it’s winter downunder. Anything reversible is a good idea.

2. BB says:

Tartan always makes me feel a little cheery on grey, cold days! Love the scarf!

Those tartan tights are REALLY thick and warm, great in the weather we are having now.

The reversible top means I get twice the value from it which is good as it was expensive and bought at a time when I was working and had more money, so it is not a purchase I would ever make again.

4. Wayne Martin says:

Hi Vicki, be careful wearing a scarf on a bicycle, there has been many injuries from scarfs getting caught in the spokes even with skirt shields fitted.

I am very careful when wearing scarves when I am riding the bike Wayne, I knot them at the front and don’t wear scarves that are too long, I don’t want to be another Isadora Duncan!Thanks for your concern though.

5. greer jean says:

I saw you walking your bike on Beaumont today & thought you were super cool. Nice style Vicky!

Thanks Greer, I thought I saw you at rolador when I was meeting my son for coffee. Thanks for commenting here.