Riding in the heatwave

IMG_4387I find it really difficult to capture temperature in a photo, so trying to convey some of the intensity of the heat we have experienced lately is impossible. Suffice to say that I have just been wearing loose dresses and sandals, no helmet, it is just too hot with the temperatures of over 40C that we have experienced over the past few weeks, though thankfully not constantly. We will have another bout of this hot weather later in the week so in the meantime I am enjoying the comfort.

I do not recommend riding in the extreme heat, and I only did it a few times myself, usually either early or late in the day, and just for short trips, about 20 minutes each way. It would not be wise to make long trips in the middle of the day ( I don’t say the heat of the day because it tends to be hot 24/7 when it is like this). And a large icy drink of water tastes so good at the end of those rides!

My littlest passenger and his favourite pig, bored with the whole thing ( and, no, I didn’t take him out for a ride in the extreme heat)….IMG_5005

8 Responses to Riding in the heatwave

Hi Vicki. Nice dress and cute little passenger. Stay cool.

Ezra, I often notice that when he northern hemisphere experiences an extreme season, so do we, though at the other end of the temp scale of course. Today new records of hotness have been set, it was in the mid 40s and we’re waiting for it to cool off a bit. Thanks for commenting!

Boy, that’s hot! Hope the heatwave passes by soon. Cute little passenger.

3. RANTWICK says:

Yikes. I was gonna complain about it being too warm for January here in Canada… nevermind.

Well, we are bracing ourselves for another hot one tomorrow. I much preferred last summer which was cool and wet, it never even reached 30, bliss!

5. Ezra says:

You are experiencing the opposite temperatures than we are! (I guess that makes sense since you’re on the other side of the world and all…) Gotta stay hydrated out there!

6. I love these posts Vicki. They make me homesick 🙂